Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fw: the bird's nest

Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 9:20 PM
Subject: the bird's nest
This is just a short summery of the losses my business has had since the smoking ban went into effect. Since October 1st we are down at least 50% a month. The pull tabs are down 80%. I have owned the Bird's Nest for 20 years and had hoped to leave it to my son and retire this winter. With the business so bad I really have nothing to leave him. We are trying many different specials to get people in but they just don't stay. I have remortgaged my home in hopes of hanging on until things turn around but it sure looks grim. My place was worth 600,000 $ now I don't have a viable business to even sell. The smoking ban must be looked at for all the small bars, it has hurt all of us. Birdie Johnson Owner of The Bird's Nest

No comments: