Sunday, April 6, 2008

Chisholm, MN Police (218) 254-7915 threaten to write $10,000 "tickets".

If the Chisholm Police were actually able to issue "$10,000 tickets" that would defintely redefine "tourist trap". Greg Lang

Chisholm, MN Police webpage:
http://www.chisholm.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={21A2B705-8A13-4D61-9563-C0F394088FF2}
Terri --I am copying the members of our group regarding the harassment of you and your bar employees and requesting that it be posted on our website. Obviously, the cops are unaware (or just stupid?) that they only have the statutory authority to issue a petty misdemeanor ticket (which, by definition, cannot be more than $300.)

Furthermore, it seems a waste of the city's law enforcement resources to be sending a squad car to drive by your bar four times in a such a short period of time. Maybe the good citizens of Chisholm would want to weigh in on that at the next city council meeting.

Finally, ENOUGH with the talking and threatening about how they're "going to" be issuing tickets or administrative penalty orders or whatEVER. We are now officially eight weeks into Theater Night in Minnesota and the state has only three pathetic tickets to show for it.The next time they say that they're "going to" issue tickets, ask them "When?" and "How about right now?"It takes courage to be free. And the show goes on.-- Mark Benjamin

Subject: Cops at Sabins againDate: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:13:57 -0500
Mark,

The police showed up again last night Apr 4, at about 10:30pm.Heres the facts as told by our bartender Heidi Kruger. "Officer Chamernick and, a lady officer named Katie came in and walked directly up to me. Officer Chamernick asked if my name was Heidi Kruger. I said yes. He asked, and was given my birthdate. He said I would be getting a ticket for putting on the play. I said ok. He asked who the other bartender was and I said Tracy. He asked Tracy what? and I said I dont know. He said ok I'll go talk to her. He came back a few minutes later and asked where the owner was, and I said hes not here tonight. Chamernick said, so your in charge? and I said yes. He then said, your aware that this is a fine of $10,000? I said ok, and they both left."

We talked to Tracy Koop, our other bartender, and she said officer Chamernick also got her birthdate, and told her she would be getting a ticket too. They did not write out the tickets last night, so I assume they are going to mail them, or bring them in later. when Mike got home just after 12am he was standing outside, and within 5 minutes, a police car drove by 4 times. I believe they will be back tonight, and maybe their next step will be to ticket customers. We shall see.

Regards,

Terri Horridge
Sabins

No comments: