Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lawyer Mark W. Bejamin's response to the MN Dept of Health Press Release.

You want my reaction? How about laughter? I mean, for THREE WEEKS they've been telling reporters that they have been "conferring" and "consulting" with the MN Attorney General about the legality of Theater Night and my oh my whatever shall we DO????

So forgive me if I was waiting with baited breath for a press release to come from the ATTORNEY GENERAL, not those pink-lunged bozos at the MN Department of Health.

Really, it took them THREE WEEKS to discover that they have the legal authority to regulate Theater Nights? Of course they do. It's right there in the statute. And so any theater that doesn't provide notice to its patrons on the posters and playbills that there will be some smoking during the performance will rightly get a ticket.

I'm calling the MN Bar Ass'n tomorrow. The Dept of Health is practicing law without a license. What? Will the Atty General be giving flu shots tomorrow? Why can't these idiots get their act together?
-- Mark Benjamin

No comments: