Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Side effects of Chantix anti-smoking pharm

Anti-Strib: Public Service Announcement

Public Service Announcement
There seems to be some movement for people to stop smoking??? I have no F'in clue why anyone would want to reduce their nicotine intake (It prevents Alzheimer's!) but as a service for those that fall in with this new trend, here is some great advice.DON'T TAKE CHANTIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!“You know, I saw something about Chantix,” my boss said, sounding vaguely concerned.

He tracked down the story on a CBS Website. It was a sensational report on Carter Albrecht, a Dallas musician formerly with Edie Brickell & New Bohemians. Albrecht had started taking Chantix with his fiancĂ©e, with seemingly dramatic side effects. She claimed he had had bizarre hallucinations that worsened when he drank. One evening, he attacked her, something he’d never done before. He then ran to his neighbor’s house and kicked at the door, screaming incomprehensibly. The neighbor was so panicked he wound up shooting Albrecht through the door, killing him.

The comments are even better:Wow, what an article. I have not read an article that is so close to how I felt six months ago when I took Chantix. I am also glad I stopped taking it fairly quickly.... after I had my first seizure. I'm just happy that the further I get from having taken Chantix, the more normal I have begun. I am ready to plunge back into the workforce and be a truck driver once again.

Oh yeah, I can't drive, anything, I can't work, anywhere.This ____ is SO much _____ worse than smoking that I have no idea why anyone would even think about taking it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter_Albrecht

Comments at Anti-Strib.com http://www.haloscan.com/comments/tracyeberly/5336608202681501495/






FastCounter by bCentral

No comments: