Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mike's Uptown Liquor Story

> Here is my story. My numbers are down 36 percent from last year to this > year oct to dec. I have had to Cut hours for my 4 employees and 3 of us > are single mothers . We are closing early like 5 nights a week. I have had > to borrow money from family, the bank, and cash in my life Insurance > policies to keep the doors open. My heat and Electric bulls are huge due > to my doors always being open. I have not seen regular customers in > months. Since we started Theatre night my sales have multiplied by 4. The > employees tips have tripled, and business on those nights have been fun > and have started to catch us up on things. I have heard nothing but > positive feedback from my customers and great support from people all > accross the state. Since approximatly 75 percent of my customers smoke > this has hurt us immensley. We wont survive much longer and i have 2 > beautiful little girls to feed. I have never been on welfare, i have > operated my bar for 11 years and have always managed to provide for them > quite well, and for the record i waited til i was a little older to have > kids so i could give them a good life, i keep them out of the bar, we are > involved with the Church, i am vice president of the Hill City chamber of > commerce and i am involved with many Community activities. I am just > asking for some help, i am a good person, who tries to do the best by > everyone, who is thère to help my family? Where is my alternative? Who > gave me a Choice? I suppose public housing, free daycare, free grocreys, > and help going back to school wont be so bad, i have been raised to work > hard and support your own, but times are changing i guess the hardworking > tax payers of our great state wont mind taking care of my family for > awhile, cause it wont be long and we wont have another alternative, please > help us! This is my Story Lisa Anderson Mikes uptown Hill City mn. > Sheila please rewrite i did on my phone whats it sound like to you? Let me > know. > Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Cellular One

No comments: